The ability to do business or execute personal transactions online is very convenient. However, it is important to appreciate that as long as you are doing something on the internet it t is not in the strict sense absolutely private. Each and every day internet users oblivious or in knowledge of the risk that comes with online activities
In this day and age very many activities are done online. There are various benefits associated with online applications without disregarding the attendant threats. Personal privacy is put on the line ever time you log in into the vast online grid. Do not be discouraged from using online platforms due to the inherent risks. We cannot go back to the tedious manual ways of doing things because of the risk of opportunists who lurk behind the general and noble intentions of the wider global community.
You do not have get out of your comfortable living room to shop for almost anything that you need. Companies, outlets and dealership are continuously improving and upgrading ways of making sure that they embrace technology in transactions and customer service. Online platforms have become a cornerstone in online marketing and sales.
Among the steps you can take to protect personal information and privacy include the following:
- You should make sure that your laptop and other workstations are installed with reliable and reputable antivirus software. This should include firewalls as well as spyware and malware. Antivirus software guard against Trojans and viruses. Firewalls block suspicious traffic from gaining entry into a network or computer
- Make sure that your password is composed of both letters and numbers which should be put both in both lower case and upper case. Do not use personal information such as date of birth in your password. Do not reveal your password to anyone. In addition you should different passwords for different online accounts. Do not save your password on a web browser.
- Cookies are very useful as they enable a site to record and remember browsing preferences as well as surfing habits. However super cookies embed themselves which make them difficult to uninstall and do not expire. There are tools that are designed to remove super cookies permanently.
- You should very careful when adding friends on social media sites such as Facebook. Friends on such access have access to your personal information depending on the restrictions that you customize.
- Do not use a public computer to make payments especially where you are required to input your credit card number. Delete browsing history after surfing on public computers.
- Do not reveal personal information in your emails.
If you want to surf anonymously, consider using a VPN like HideMyAss. Click here for a full review…